This poster in an example of what visual notes could look like. After our group, who consisted of Annebelle, Danny and me, watched a film, we made this poster illustrating that you have a choice. Such as when you are shopping, and it’s late and all you want to do, is to go home. You get angry and you find everyone is in your way. You can choose to let your anger control you, and only think about yourself. Or, you can choose to imagine how other people feel. Everyone wants to go home, just like you, and the poster illustrates that that is the choice you have.
This card is another example of visual notes. It answers the question „What do you think school is about?“ using the sentence „I used to think___, but now I think___“ What I am trying to say, is that I used to think school was only about education, learning how to read and write, and to learn mathematics. But now I think that school is about preparing you for the future. Learning about yourself, others and the environment.
This is a link to an iStopmotion film that Liya, Merije and I made. It is a interpretation of the story „Through the Tunnel“ In the story, the boy is growing through different stages of learning. We showed that by making the boy a snowball who then grows into a complete snowman.
Over the past two weeks in english class, I have learned a few things, either about myself, others or the english language in general. Here are my top five things:
- I have learned about the idea of „visual notes“ a term I have used before, but never knew how to use it beneficially.
- I have learned new ways of interpreting the story „though the tunnel“ such as colours and new ideas for the theme.
- I have learned how to create an iStop motion film.
- I learned that I am a person who enjoys being creative and using colours and shapes and the idea of visual notes to express myself.
- finally, I met new people, and learned about them, and hopefully made some friends.
That was my very first thought about the first two weeks in English class, I hope you enjoyed reading it.